Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

A Tale of Two Yarns

Todays post is supposed to be about two yarns and what you like or don't like about them. It is hard to choose just two when there is so much great yarn out there. The first yarn I picked is Universal Yarn Patchwork. Now this is a 100% Acrylic yarn but it is wonderful. It is super soft and self striping!



I love using this yarn for baby blankets. It only takes about three skeins too make a baby blanket and has a lot of color options. This yarn really makes you feel like you are knitting a cloud.



The second yarn I picked is Mirasol Tupa. I love love love this yarn. It is
50% Merino wool and 50% silk and has some of the most vibrant colors I have
seen. The three colors in this picture are Amber, Tigers Eye, and Jade. I made
a scarf using this yarn which you can see in progress here and absolutly loved
working on. The stitch definition is great and the yarn did not split. I have yet
to see how it blocks though. Looking through Ravelry last night I found several
beret patterns using this yarn that I am looking forward to making.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both yarns look super pretty. I love them XD

AC said...

I'm a huuuge fan of wool/silk blends, I'll have to check this out!

Post a Comment